I made these for the housewarming too and they were great. The brownie sponge is fudgey and rich and the cherry cream combo is always good. Everyone said these were yummy so give them a try. Next to tiramisu cupcakes, these are the best cupcakes I've made.
Chocolate Brownie Sponge
I went back to the great joyofbaking blog and used this Brownie Cupcake recipe. Although I substituted the dark chocolate for 100g milk chocolate (34g cocoa) and 2 tbsps cocoa (It's hard to find dark chocolate when you're just running to the corner shop).
30 Cherries, pipped and quartered
Heaped tbsp jam (I used raspberry but any red berry jam would be fine)
2 tbsp caster sugar
4 tbsp water
250ml double cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
- Put all the cherry filling ingredients in to a sauce pan and simmer for 10mins. Mash with a potato masher and keep simmering and mashing until it's thick. Leave it to cool.
- Whisk the double cream and icing sugar together until it forms peaks.
- After the cakes have come out of the oven and cooled, cut out a well with a sharp knife or apple corer.
- Fill the well with Cherry filling, about two teaspoons.
- Pipe a swirl of cream on top with a star tip (I recommend the Wilton 1M star).
- Cover with grated chocolate, if you have some left :)